Energy 92.7 San Francisco

A blog dedicated to the music played on KNGY, Energy 92.7, the radio station that kept the San Francisco Bay Area dancing from October 2004-September 2009.

September 21, 2009

Supervisory Intervention?

from All Access:
S.F. Supes To Consider Resolution Against KNGY Format Flip

San Francisco's Board of Supervisors will hear a resolution Tuesday that would encourage Royce International to reverse last week's format flip of Top 40/Dance KNGY (Energy 92.7)/San Francisco to Top 40/Mainstream KREV (92.7 REV FM). The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Supervisor Bevan Dufty authored the resolution that asks owner Ed Stolz "to continue with the Community/Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender/Dance radio format that has made Energy 92.7 one of the most unique and popular radio stations in San Francisco and the Bay Area."

"It just happened in a snap," Dufty told the Chronicle about the format flip. "Energy 92.7 did the most to bring gays and straights together. It clearly served a gay audience, but it had broad appeal ... In a small way it did a lot to bring people together and create understanding."

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Claire said...

I am crossing my fingers they bring back the original 92.7! I am straight but I love this station! There is no other station like it. It is a wonderful representation of the artistic diversity San Francisco has to offer and represents. The current station is a "been there, done that" station- It offers nothing new and creative to the music world. I really hope they bring it back ASAP! I am already in dance withdrawls! Even if it is just me, in my room, dancing around or while I workout! LOL

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger dukester said...

I echo the other comments -- the old 92.7 was WONDERFUL. as a straight guy, I loved the music, the sassy commentary, and the positive vibe. replacing this grand dame with yet another top 40 clone is a sign of the decline of American civilization.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Alopez said...

Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home