Energy 92.7 San Francisco

A blog dedicated to the music played on KNGY, Energy 92.7, the radio station that kept the San Francisco Bay Area dancing from October 2004-September 2009.

October 06, 2005

Shake-Up at Energy

New Music Alert: I loved Mariah Carey from 1990 to 1992. From 1993 through 1996, I thought her music was passable, often saved by some great remixes. From 1997 through 1999, she lost me, taking her talents in directions I did not want to follow. And after that, I rarely thought of Mariah - until this year. With her Emancipation, she again finds herself the darling of the music world, but she has yet to get back into my good graces. Sure, the remixes for "It's Like That" grew on me, and "We Belong Together" was a classic song in all forms until it reached the saturation point. When "Shake It Off" was sent out as the third single, I thought, "Good - I can stop forcing myself to like Mariah music." The original version does nothing but grate on my nerves.

But leave it to DJ MichaelAngelo to take the "Shake It Off" vocals, add them to the instrumental of an old David Morales M People remix, and create mash-up magic. With just one mixshow spin, Energy San Fran realized that magic as well, and the MichaelAngelo-Meets-Morales mix gets added into regular rotation as of this morning. With classic 90's retro club piano, flute, and horn licks swirling around her, Mariah continues her campaign to win back my hardened heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home