Energy 92.7 San Francisco

A blog dedicated to the music played on KNGY, Energy 92.7, the radio station that kept the San Francisco Bay Area dancing from October 2004-September 2009.

April 05, 2005

New Kelly, Anna, Ryan Added

Today, Energy has added the Chris Cox radio edit of Kelly Osbourne's "One Word" into regular rotation on the station. Miss Osbourne's song just happens to be the greatest gainer for the week on Billboard's Dance Radio Airplay chart. Another song new to Energy's airwaves is the Ford remix of Ryan Cabrera's "True," which may soon debut on Billboard's Dance Radio chart as well.

Additionally, Energy has added their own mix of Anna Vissi's "Call Me." This song has been my personal favorite for five weeks running, so any exposure given to this gem is appreciated. However, the version played on Energy is my least favorite of all the mixes I've heard so far (and there are plenty of great ones out there - including the original and those by Valentin and Chris Cox). In Energy's mix, the verses are completely removed, so the song sounds like a mindless repetition of the chorus, "Call me, I'm feeling so lonely, don't let me down." Perhaps people hearing this song for the first time will like this simplified mix, but for me it takes away so much of the meaning of the song and is a huge disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home