Energy 92.7 San Francisco

A blog dedicated to the music played on KNGY, Energy 92.7, the radio station that kept the San Francisco Bay Area dancing from October 2004-September 2009.

February 01, 2005

Five Adds for Energy

Energy 92.7 has kicked off the month of February with a bang! Preliminarily, it appears that the station has added at least five songs to their playlist this morning, many of them among my current favorites. So far today, I've heard Anastacia's "Sick and Tired," Gadjo's "So Many Times," Scissor Sisters' "Filthy/Gorgeous," Sin Plomo's "It's You," and Stonebridge's "Put 'Em High." Audio samples for three of the five can be found as part of the Sweet Sixteen further down this page.

Again, I must go out of my way to emphasize the freshness and depth that I feel these newer songs bring to Energy's playlist. My one (small) beef: the mix of "Sick and Tired" I heard was not the Jason Nevins Electrochill version of the song, which is getting played at other dance stations. In comparison, Energy's chosen remix was much slower and seemed rather plodding and, well, un-energetic. I hope Energy gives the Electrochill edit a spin or two, because I think their audience will further embrace the more uptempo mix of this great song.